Wednesday, February 8, 2012

...bring it!

Sometimes life just knocks the air out of you.
Kind of like you've been sucker punched.
This is how my weekend started.
There was a moment I couldn't breathe.

But...
I'm a fighter by nature.
It's kind of standard in our home.
We wrestle.
When I head back to see the family...
it is not unusual for at least one of my brothers to slam me to the floor.
They kind of know I will always fight back.
They laugh.
Yes, I am 33 and this is still fun to me.

The thing about being sucker punched is that you don't expect it.
I can usually see it in my husbands eyes when he is ready to slam me.
My brother Josh...gives me a look and starts laughing.
Jake, well he starts trash talking cause he knows that gets me every time.
So...I kind of know what's coming.

I'm learning that Satan doesn't work this way.
There is no warning.
He doesn't care if you are tired, worn out or numb.
In fact...he looks for these moments.
He looks for weakness.
And well...we are human.
We all have weaknesses.

Ephesians 6:10-11
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his great power.  
Put on the full armor of God so that you can fight against the devil's evil tricks.


It took about an hour.
First I was heartbroken...then mad...and then the fight came out.
I realized quickly...


Ephesians 6:12
Our fight is not against people on earth but against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world's darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world.


You see, there was an extreme quality to the news I had to digest.
It was news that had the potential to destroy a family.
My family.
I have learned in the past few months that satan has a stronghold on my mind.
My mind can take the simplest thing and turn it into a problem.
It can take something more serious and turn it into utter chaos.
I have never been so thankful as I was in this moment that God had been preparing me.

Ephesians 6:14,17
So stand strong, with the belt of truth tied around your waist and the protection of right living on your chest.
Accept God's salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.






You see...
I know the truth.
It was satan's attempt to tear down an already broken family.
And well, since we have established I like a good fight...
bring it!


1 comment:

  1. You won't have to fight this one alone. We are right there with ya and our feet are planted firmly on the ground!!! We can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us!

    ReplyDelete